Kids West provides support to Western Sydney kids in the following ways.
We purchase medical equipment to help sick kids, and play equipment to make their time in hospital a little bit brighter
- A BiliSoft Phototherapy System donated to Blacktown Hospital with the support of Solaris Paper in 2018.
- 2 BiliSoft Phototherapy Systems donated to Nepean Hospital with the support of Solaris Paper and St Hillier’s in 2017.
- The donation of a special chair and portable vein finder for the Cancer and Haematology Centre at Blacktown Hospital in 2016.
- A special monitor for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Blacktown Hospital in 2014.
- A LVT Portable Oxygen Monitor donated to The Children’s Hospital at Westmead in 2012.
- We’re a founding sponsor of the Shaken Baby Prevention Project for the Children’s Hospital at Westmead. This program has produced a number of resources developed to support families in dealing with the challenges of managing a crying baby, and provide safe strategies for responding to a crying infant.
- We’ve supported the Violence Protection Program, working with the Western Sydney Local Health District from 2012 to 2016.
- We help fund research into childhood cancer, cystic fibrosis, asthma and epilepsy.
- We’ve held a Christmas gift appeal since 2015, which receives an average of 600 gifts per year.
- We raise funds for individual families in crisis and contribute to their medical expenses.
- We supported several families in the Mount Druitt Hospital Palliative Care Unit in 2016.
- We’ve supported families through Ronald McDonald House Westmead from 2011, assisting with day to day out of pocket expenses.
- We provide guidance and support to young people suffering from anorexia for the Adolescent Medicine Unit at The Children’s Hospital at Westmead.
We invest in the future of our kids by sponsoring programs that encourage their talents and learning
- We sponsor school hosted breakfast programs for children who’s families cannot afford breakfast at home, aiding their concentration and ability to learn.
- We sponsor sporting teams for intellectually disabled children.
- We’ve supported the NSW Health Aboriginal Health Awards at MT Druitt since 2011.
- We take part in the Duke of Edinburgh program by helping facilitate work placement for school leavers.